Freemasonry is a multi-racial and multi-cultural organisation. Membership is open to men of all faiths who are 18 years and above; law-abiding, of good character and who acknowledge a belief in a Supreme Being.
You don’t have to wait to be invited or have a family history in Freemasonry – all you need to do is submit our form and a representative of the Grand Lodge of Western Australia will contact you to answer your questions and discuss the next steps. Membership is entirely voluntary.
Different individuals get different things out of their membership and being part of our Fraternity. This includes:
- The opportunity to meet outstanding individuals from all walks of life, many generations, and a range of backgrounds – people you may not otherwise have the opportunity to know and to call brother
- Being part of a group that provides its members with self development opportunities including public speaking, leadership, training and experience
- The opportunity to meet with established members of the community and to become a part of, and active contributor to, the community. Visit the News section of this site for more information on the range of community initiatives supported by the Grand Lodge of Western Australia
- The chance to learn about and contribute to, the history of one of the world’s oldest and largest Fraternal organisations
- Being part of a group where you can seek support as well as give it
- The opportunity for you to be involved in a range of social activities. Lodge social occasions are frequently open to the public and include film nights, dinners, trivia, BBQ’s and Ladies Nights.
It is important to note that joining Freemasonry will require a personal commitment of time. Each Lodge meets formally once per month, and informally once per month. All members of the Lodge are expected to attend the formal regular monthly meeting.
It is also important to note that the purpose of Freemasonry is moral and spiritual improvement, not the gaining of any material advantage. Freemasonry is not a benefit society, nor a secret society.
How to Join
To join the West Australian Freemasons, simply contact the Grand Lodge of Western Australia Membership Committee by submitting the form below, and someone will be in contact with you shortly.
Existing members of Freemasonry who have relocated to Western Australia are also encouraged to fill in Part B of the form below.